Want to sell your home as quick as possible? Try using Feng Shui - the ancient Chinese art of placement.
Your house needs to stand out from the rest of the listings in your price range. Of utmost importance is what they perceive in the first seconds when they drive up to your home. It is the first make or break moment for you. Using Feng Shui involves generating a positive energy for Northern Colorado buyers as they approach your entry door. Make sure the paint still looks clean and not chipped. The 3 main colors in Feng Shui recommends to boost curb appeal for the front door are red, yellow and purple. Keep tools, toys, etc. in the garage and make sure window and door screens are in good condition. Your goal is to draw your potential buyer inside your home.
Preparing a home using Feng Shui is great for homeowners, and if done correctly, will provide an unconscious appeal to buyers. They really look at the home you have for sale and ultimately it just might move them to make an offer.
1) Buyers need a positive first impression. Choose that experience for them by highlighting the best room in the house. This might be the great room or kitchen, but direct them there. Leave doors open and place a focal point to catch your buyer’s eye like artwork or lighting.
2) De-clutter the kitchen. Buyers always focus on kitchens in making decisions about buying a home. Keep countertops clear, and even organize your pantry!
3) Use chi (positive energy) in pleasing colors like red, purple and yellow. This includes artwork, floor mats and area rugs.
4) Keep clear paths to every room, and place furniture strategically. Feng Shui is form over function. Arrange furniture to make a room appear large and open.
5) Prepare the Master Bedrooom to show off the space. If the room looks cluttered, move out extra furniture, including dressers. Buyers don’t want to see a multi-purpose room, they want a refuge from the chaos of daily life. Take out desks or exercise equipment.
6) Listen to your realtor’s comments. If you have too much of your personal taste in a home, most buyers will have a difficult time seeing themselves in your home. If you collect cabbage patch dolls and have them in every room, it’s time to pack them up for your next home.
7) It helps to place the ‘For Sale’ signage in the front right corner of the property.
My wife Bonnie and I will meet you at your home before listing it for sale. We will make recommendations starting with the outside of your home and then reinforce selling tips for the inside to make it welcoming. We will help you create positive energy that a buyer can feel when they enter yourhome, condo, or townhome.
If you would like more extensive information about selling your home in Fort Collins, Loveland, Timnath, Severance, Wellington, Windsor, or any other nearby urban or rural Northern Colorado areas, please give me a call at 970-412-1657 or contact us online here.